Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday Morning Assortment

Steakhouse set to open in downtown Moline -QCTimes
Its run by the same company that runs Centro, although it seems a bit more pricey. I'm guessing a bit less accepting of jeans also.

Steelwork is finally going up on the new Palmer library. Hopefully I'll get some progress photos in the upcoming days.

Get your shopping done today and tomorrow East SoLo folks, so you can stay home, or better yet enjoy the Bix at 6 Thursday night. It doesn't take much planning to avoid hassles on this 6-times-a-year event. Patience is a virtue, and all...

Malin (or whoever is in charge of posting Davenport City Council Updates) is back to keeping up with calender. Read them here.

I don't normally get into state or national politics (that's Fly's new thing) but I have to question Mike Whalen's bringing in arguably the 2 least popular people in an increasingly unpopular administration to help his election. But hey, 70+ people were willing to spend $250 to hear Rove talk, so what do I know?

Don't forget, Tuesday is Bent River Brewery's $2 burger basket night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still taking photo's of the historic rehab at 822 Gaines? Yesterday there was a huge crew working on the roof. Would have been some great pics.

Anonymous said...

QCI-Anti- Bush dope.
Reading the posts' on Roves visit, I am reminded that the paper (QC T-D) is aimed toward a shrinking and shrieking group of anti-republican zealots! Enjoy screaming at each other on this post, maybe we can even get a Howard Dean scream!

QuadCityImages said...

I don't think its shrinking if you look at our President's current popularity.

Besides, I'm not registered Democrat, so don't come after me.

Speaking as an Independent who enjoys clean politics, however, bringing in Karl Rove pushes me the other direction from whoever brought him.