Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Kaplan-view Condos

This sort of ties in with Pioneer98's post on Bridge to Somewhere about construction starting on an apartment building on West Locust. The company building it has already built one and is working on another on the East side of Davenport. On the left is a picture of the current condos built a couple years ago behind the Northgate Shopping Center and the second picture is the new building next door to it that's going up now.



Apparently people are willing to pay $160,000+ to live behind HyVee and Kaplan. I think I'd rather just spend an extra 65 grand and live here. Or better yet, buy a house.

Also, I dunno why no one comments at Bridge to Somewhere, but I hope all of you read it. Pioneer98 isn't as wordy as me, and he usually takes better pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So QCI, I think you should become a Realtor, make the big bucks and walk the talk.

Kind of serious bye the way....

Call me if you want..

Your Blog friend....

QuadCityImages said...

I don't know... I could certainly use a better paying job. Maybe if you folks would start clicking my google ads like crazy I could quit my "day job" which happens to be at night.

Anonymous said...

I took your suggestion for action. Not sure how much you just earned, perhaps about $.20.

Anonymous said...

Conservative Demo here:
I don't read that other blog (I think you're talking about the same one I am now) because I don't bother with sports and that guy seems to only talk about sports.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out. I'm learning if I take more pictures it's much easier to come up with content for the blog. Perhaps taking a page from your book.

For the record, according to my del.icio.us categories, 42 out of 168 of my posts are sports-related, exactly 25%. It's a stretch to say I "only talk about sports".

Even when I post about sports, often the "angle" I take is how sports are being used to revitalize our community. For example, my two most recent sports posts were about how the Midwest League All-Star game drew in a lot of out-of-town visitors (on a Tuesday night no less), and about how Clinton's Alliany Energy Field has been upgraded.