Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bix at 6 #1

Runners going past the under-construction Sieg Iron Lofts.

Despite being nearly surrounded by the bix route, I just can't list myself as one of the people that complains about it disrupting my Thursday nights. In fact, I'd be pretty tolerant of having a Bix at 6 every Thursday of the summer. Its just great to see so many people coming together (downtown) for a community event, especially involving keeping healthy. I know it was the first one, so maybe there were fewer runners, but traffic seemed to be having an easy time getting across the route except for the 3 minutes when the crowd pictured above was going past.

Its definitely important to me that it is possible to get across the Bix at 6 route. For example, if I couldn't get across the route, in order to get anywhere I'd have to go up Iowa to Federal, east on Federal to River Drive, and then either up Brady or practically over to Bettendorf to get north.

But come on, its 6 nights a year.

1 comment:

Ambrose Fulton said...

At least you're close enough to enjoy the bouncing boob parade. Six nights OK? How many is too many?

You also must have better luck with the intersection nazis than I do, 'tho I do try to avoid it altogether, if I remember