Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Allstar Excitement

I just stopped down to pick up my Will-Call internet tickets before excitement really got going, only to find that its already in full "swing."

There are more people at JOD at 5pm (2 hours before the game, half hour before the home run derby) than are at a normal game by 7.

$5 for parking in the Florian Keen lot... The least they could have done is print out a banner to completely cover the $2 Parking sign. That way it wouldn't look as much like we're fleecing our Allstar visitors. Some of them probably figure there isn't any free parking, if they haven't been here before.

Despite that, I saw lots of states and different Iowa county license plates in the cheap lot. (Where I always park)

TV and radio stations are set up and and ready to go down there, and it should be an exciting night. I'll probably be sitting out on the berm, so I'm going to pull a Bill Wundram and take my glove.

No comments: