Friday, April 14, 2006

Where in the QC is this? #2

Update: Moline83 was the correct guesser. This stenciled-on sign, and several others like it, are on a wall near the intersection of 14th Street and 5th Avenue in downtown Moline. They're around the corner from Bent River Brewery, where I often have the Tuesday night special $2 burger baskets. I've been very impressed with the first 2 rounds of this little game, and I'm going to keep picking harder images until it takes a few days for someone to get it.


Here's the second installment of this new feature. Hopefully its a little harder than last week's, but its hard to judge what people will recognize. I would prefer it didn't get guessed within 1 day. I'll give hints as the week goes on if required.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Behind Del-Rich Loans.

QuadCityImages said...

Nah, it just shows me that I need to find an even harder one next time.

QuadCityImages said...

How long has it been since "Soc's" existed?

QuadCityImages said...

That's what I was hoping when I used it. I figured maybe the average Quad Citian had forgotten about it or never known about it. (I hadn't heard of it)
Next week maybe I'll just have a picture of a power outlet or a closeup of a sidewalk somewhere...

The Inside Dope said...

DAMN! I'm late to this and didn't get to see this before it was guessed. I knew it immediately. Not only that, but I was parked right there just two days ago.

The Inside Dope said...

I should add that "Socs" refers to Socrates, though most probably figured that out on their own.

Most likely a greek restaurant.