Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Random Stuff / Open Thread

Some East Village Shops lack licenses -QCTimes
This only reinforces my feelings about the area. Fortunately these "acceptable," but delinquent, businesses (including Mrs. Winborn's) will be given time to get their licenses before we implement the anti-Orozco moratorium. That seems about right.

One thing I forgot to mention in my post about the 2nd Ward meeting Saturday: Aside from the kids mourning our occupation of the Children's section, Alderman Hamerlinck and I were possibly the only people there under the age of 30. I wish everyone my age had an interest in local politics and city issues.

I've recently started using a website that tells me how people found my site. It provides constant amusement.
Today some of the Google searches people used to get here:
(Clicking these takes you to the Google results)
Strip Clubs near the Quad Cities -interesting
moosie -#2 on Google for people searching for moosie... neat
skybridge to nowhere -Ugh
Wayne Hean -at least I didn't make the first page

Also, I was serious in my earlier post about finding out what's going on with the building (Possibly called the John Forrest block?) at 4th and Brady. Somebody has to have read or heard about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Mrs. Winborn has paid all of her business taxes?? Sales, property, etc.

Anonymous said...

You mean Mrs. Winbrook don't you?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
QuadCityImages said...

There's no need to post other people's personal information on here. If someone wants it, they can look it up.