Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Three unrelated articles

The first one is a rare outside-the-QC topic that just really pissed me off. Since when did a peace sign become something evil? Simplistic or naive I can handle, but evil? Come on.

A homeowners' association in southwestern Colorado has threatened to fine a resident $25 a day until she removes a Christmas wreath with a peace sign that some say is an anti-Iraq war protest or a symbol of Satan. -CNN

And back to Davenport, we have news on the Freight House. Actually its not really news but an article about the report that came out weeks ago (and was reported here) with some quotes from Steve Ahrens. That said, $200,000 to create a better feel for the Farmer's Market doesn't seem insane. I wish they would fish for private donations first though. Ten rich people donating $5,000 gets you a quarter of the way there without any public funds.

Report suggests Freight House has potential -QCTimes

And finally, an article about the building at 14th and Harrison I mentioned a couple days ago.

"Eyesore" comes down in Hilltop neighborhood -QCTimes

Hopefully I'll toss up some reactions from the Indianapolis part of the recent trip later today. It just didn't seem all that applicable to this area compared to Louisville, so I'm having trouble saying much about it.

4 comments:

QuadCityImages said...

I assume you're just talking my personal expenses. I'd say I spent less than $150 all together, and it was definitely worth it.

Its one of those things where I debated whether I should spend the money, but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't go.

Anonymous said...

Your Werner Ladder cost more than that.

QuadCityImages said...

Haha, some people around here are really into ladders. It's definitely a nice one.
If only it was mine...

Unknown said...

The comments on the QC Times' article on the Frieght House are freightening. That whole article was a joke. The report has been out for weeks. I did read the report. Flint, MI has an indoor public market. Check it out: www.flintfarmersmarket.com