Thursday, November 02, 2006

New webcam & new 53rd St Strategy

I don't know how long this has been up, but I just noticed that on the webcams section of the Davenport site, there's a user-controlled webcam showing the progress on the new police station. You can also use it to see how many cops are in the station writing reports.


A year ago I never would have guessed that the 6 Aldermen that voted to hang on to the 53rd and Eastern land would do something like that. Many of them were elected in the "What is the city doing owning land at 53rd and Eastern??" election. I seem to recall one or more of them suggesting selling this land (possibly for less than was offered this time) to help pay operating expenses a couple years ago. Who knows around here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish what I had your technology and skills, QCI. I live at Esplanade and River Drive and while the sun was coming up this morning, I noticed that a very large deer was sleeping in our front yard. I took a couple of pictures with my camera phone. He/she is still there, just calmly grooming in the morning sunrise. Very pretty, but I am really worried about what will happen when Frank has to go to work soon. I am really hoping that it doesn't jump out on River Drive. Called the police station to see what to do or who to call and the person I talked to said it was a wild animal and there was nothing to be done. Amazing to think of how it ended up in our yard!

Anonymous said...

Deer update-ran over to the neighbors and is in the tennis court, fenced in, but not on River Drive at least. Humane Society is coming out to take a look. He/she has a bad front leg and closed left eye, maybe had been hit before he came to our yard.

Anonymous said...

WHY NOT SELL IT TO THE CORRECTIONAL CENTER - SERIOUSLY.

Anonymous said...

Three shots fired by Davenport PD. RIP.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to hear on tv of Davenport One's involvement with Horizon Homes all of these years. Is D-1 making money off of poor people and not putting anything back into the property?

Anonymous said...

Was this Dav One stuff on the City Council replay?