Thursday, February 02, 2006

Morning Ritual & Where's Shawn?

Every morning when I get home from work, I have kind of a list of sites I go through. I check about 4 email accounts, read the news at Google News, CNN.com, QCOnline, and QCtimes, read all the blogs listed over on the right side of this site, read a few non-QC blogs such as Looper, and some of my friends' personal blogs. I also usually check to see how many pennies I made from my Google ads ($0.00 yesterday.) On Thursday mornings I read RCReader.com, and I check the Council Updates every other day or so. I'm sure many of you have similar rotations of sites. I'm just curious if any of you have any suggested sites that those of us interested in the Quad Cities should be checking frequently.

The second thing, which is semi-related, is that my daily check of Alderman Hamerlinck's blog is getting pretty boring. Why have a blog and not occasionally post what you've been up to lately? Unlike me, Aldermen actually have inside information about many of the things going on in Davenport. There are more people in the 2nd Ward and in Davenport than just the 20 of us that showed up to Shawn's ward meeting, and I think his blog would be an excellent way to keep the rest of the people up to speed. Even just a weekly "What I've been up to this week" kind of thing. Otherwise I might have to move davenport2ndward.blogspot.com way down by SmartRiverfront in what could only be called "below the fold."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

State29.blogspot.com is a good place for statewide Iowa stuff.

Anonymous said...

cruisaholic.blogspot.com is a site with a variety of things listed.

Anonymous said...

I see Shawn quickly posted something on his site after this post. Good job QCI -- Now Shawn, SIT, SIT... ROLL OVER< ROLL OVER... Good Boy, NOW BEG< BEG....

AHWWWW

Good Shawn, good boy

QuadCityImages said...

Somehow I doubt I had anything to do with it.

Fly-on-the-wall said...

Based on my experiences, I'd say it's more like 50/50 that you're directly responsible.