Saturday, July 22, 2006

Weekend Open Thread

This is my first weekend in a long time where I'm not doing something, whether it be overtime, traveling, or some kind of family event. I plan to enjoy my free weekend by doing not much of anything.

Also... not to get back into the Push Pin thing, but what's up with Kelli Grubbs saying "“I think it’s hideous" right in front of the person who designed it? I mean... its up to debate whether this is good art, but isn't it good manners not to slam on something right to the face of the artist?

I guess that's why its not called Politeness Enterprises.

I may post a couple images later today of Bix preparations already underway.

...and here's a sunrset image from a couple days ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The artist. Who are you kidding?

Anonymous said...

Conservative Demo here:
Yeah, in this case "artist" _is_ a bit far-fetched.

And anyway QCI, when an "artist", real or quasi, puts something out there for all to see he does indeed invite comment and he'd damn-well better be able to take that comment. After-all, by showing he did ask.

QuadCityImages said...

ok, the architect?

Anonymous said...

...the person who took an assemblage of ideas, spent an hour or two in photoshop, produced the image for the community to react to.

Who in town knew the significance of the site before the pic in the QCT was published? I'd say even if this goes no further, the exercise has worked.

. . . .and anyone who dabbles in public art can take it. The worst reaction is no reaction at all.