Saturday, July 29, 2006

Bix preparations

I drove the Bix route this morning and saw a lot of preparations under way. Water stop tables were being set up, last minute gardening was being done, and lawn chairs and folding chairs were being unfolded by the dozen. It was beautiful at 6:3am, but I expect a lot of heat related problems come race time.
The lone (obviously) abandoned house along the route got its plywood-covered windows painted white, probably to be less noticeable in TV shots.
The Kapheim memorial's last race in this particular spot. If people leave shoes in its new downtown location, I could see some downtown outdoor residents helping themselves.


I'm off to take some more pictures of the Quad Cities' biggest weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Davenport "BLITE" Iowa,

My home town.