Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday Morning Midnight randomness

Saw quite a number of folks getting arrested tonight down by the RiverCenter. I checked the events calendar and tonight was listed as "NightClubNow." After a quick google search I found that NightClubNow is basically a 1000 person party at the RiverCenter hosted every once in a while by B100. Tonight was a "foam party" which is essentially a dance party in soap bubbles. Its for ages 14-19, and I couldn't think of 2 ages that are more different than 14 year olds and 19 year olds, but I guess that's up to the parents to decide. Judging by the presence of the paddy wagon, I'd say its not all happy friendly down there.

The city (or whoever owned it) got rid of the Powerball billboard near the Quad City Sports Center and the under-construction skate park. I used to check that one to see if the jackpot was high enough to justify wasting a dollar to dream about winning. I suppose the city decided that a giant billboard didn't fit their idea of Centennial Park.

When I saw the ruckus going on down by the RiverCenter, I wished I had my camera on me. I do have a new cell phone that allows me to get email and internet anywhere I go, (as though I'm someone important) but the camera is sorely lacking even compared to my cheap digital camera. I guess I need to carry my camera at all times... never know when news will happen. Either that or wait until American cell phone cameras catch up with Japanese models.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better not let the police see you take any pictures.


Man Arrested For Shooting Photo Of Police Activity

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=6380

Anonymous said...

What a great event with all the water and soap bubbles for the JLCS Downtown Outdoor Citizens to get a free bath.

Anonymous said...

Word is that JLCS is telling its tenants to clean thier apartments because the Iowa Finance Authority (JLCS' main funder and supporter) is coming this week. Gotta look good for the Sugar Daddy so the money keeps coming in to the Grantwhore. The director wouldn't want to have to give her Cadilac SUV back to the bank.

Anonymous said...

Charlie, sure wish you would get those hemroids treated. It is a big distraction to all when you get up during the meetings and waunder around!

QuadCityImages said...

Always the most classy comments from anonymous...

Anonymous said...

what state was your phone manufactured in?

QuadCityImages said...

By Japanese phones I meant those used there, not manufactured there.

I suspect mine was made in Korea, because I think that's where LG is based.

Anonymous said...

I actually liked the Charlie comment. Now we know why he gets up during the discussions and disappears. The Walgreen's pharmacists at Kimberly and Division could probably get you some comfort.