Wednesday, May 24, 2006

QCI's return

I come back to you now - at the turn of the tide.

Actually I doubt its the turn of any tides, but I am back from vacation, and bonus points to whoever knows what movie that's from.

There's a lot going on, from officers being banned from working the fair, to officers getting almost shot, new I-74 bridges designs, Ian Frink's new blog, and even our own local spelling whiz winning all the marbles. (Edit: It was a geography bee this time, not spelling)

For now, an open thread, partly to see which of those things people are interested in discussing.

6 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Aloaber said...

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) "I am Gandalf the White. And I come back to you now - at the turn of the tide."

 
At 5/24/2006 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nerd alert!

 
At 5/24/2006 6:22 PM, Blogger Aloaber said...

Nah....Google

 
At 5/24/2006 6:57 PM, Blogger QuadCityImages said...

Correct aloaber. I was going to say, "I'm QCI the white," but I thought it could be misinterpreted.

 
At 5/24/2006 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie Brooke has been busy "encouraging" city employees to sign that Davenport One petition. Check the signatures if you doubt me.

 
At 5/24/2006 11:53 PM, Blogger Snarky Chick said...

Whateva! I knew without googling it. Total nerd here.

LMAO on QCI the white.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home