Friday, September 08, 2006

Crescent Warehouse District updates

Windows are going in on the newest addition to the warehouse district.

It seems that they've decided to call the whole area the Crescent Warehouse District, and then have different names for each building. The new project looks like it'll be called the Fourth Street Lofts, which will join the existing Crescent Macaroni building and Waterloo Mills building.

Alexander has also finally set up a website for the area, but its long on fluff and short on content at the moment. It does have floorplans and prices for all of the apartments in the 4th Street Lofts building, which should be opening by Christmas. I've heard that they already have 4 or 5 deposits down on apartments and a large waiting list, despite not even physically showing the apartments yet.

They are going to be having an open house or ribbon cutting or other event sometime before the project opens, although it sounds like it won't be before October or November. I'll post it when it is announced, and I'm looking forward to seeing the inside of the building again. I'm sure it'll look quite different from the last time I was there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conservative Demo here:

During the eighties I was up in that building several times. I was visiting an HO model railroad club which was up there and I believe there also was an archery shop.

QuadCityImages said...

Really... I didn't know about either of those things, which is strange considering I used to model in HO myself. (Apartment living has forced a switch to N scale) The HO club was possibly before my time, especially if it was early 80s. My connection to the building is that my dad used to work there when it had a Whirlpool and electronics wholesaler in there.