Monday, September 11, 2006

James P. Hopper

A couple weeks ago, Ambrose Fulton of SoLo sent me the link to the 2996 Project, and I could not think of a better way for bloggers to honor the 9/11 victims. Here's my tribute to James P. Hopper.

James was killed in the World Trade Center. He worked for Cantor Fitzgerald, a brokerage company that lost 658 of its employees that day, over half of its workforce. He was a retired corrections officer for the City of New York. James was 51 years old, and lived in Farmingdale, New York. He left behind his wife Rita, and his 2 kids, James and Lauren. His brother-in-law, Richard Poulos, also lost his life in the WTC that day. The only thing that I can imagine worse than losing a family member that way is losing more than one.

I am proud to do my part to help us remember this man, and as the 2996 Project states,

"We will honor them by remembering their lives, and not by remembering their murderers."

This will be the only post on this day. Please spend the time normally used for political discourse remembering the nearly 3000 people that were killed 5 years ago.

No comments: