Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesday Morning Assortment

I signed up yesterday to volunteer at one of the hubs of this weekend's RiverWay 2006. It looked like RiverAction could still use a few more volunteers to fill up the remaining 3 hour shifts.
There is a massive amount of stuff going on this weekend, and I'm hoping to post a schedule for each day of RiverWay, starting tomorrow. The steam engines are already in the area, and its been neat to hear their whistles echoing through the river valley.

The "Oneida Landing" condo project has a website, which the developer revealed over on this thread at AbsoluteDSM. The website is, shockingly enough, www.oneidalanding.com. I've given this project a hard time, but really its a great looking building, and will be good for Davenport. I just still wish it was being built downtown. It would help our skyline and create more density down here.

Construction is moving along on the Lincoln/Bechtel Park at 2nd and Iowa, so check that out if you're downtown this weekend, which you should be.

In (rare) Illinois news, what's up with the stoplight being broken at the intersection of 5th Avenue and I believe 4th Street? The control box has been smashed and stop signs have been controlling the intersection instead for at least 3 weeks now.

Congrats to my elementary school principal, Ken Krumwiede, for winning a seat on the Davenport School Board. He was the source of a number of detentions back in my Garfield days, but I can't hold that against him since I probably deserved them. Non-congrats to the many thousands of registered voters that didn't vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you mentioned Illinois, yeah I guess that intersection being one block from the C.O.P. office doesn't not help in fixing the destroyed control box.

I also see that PEDCOR has put forth their proposal for Moline, close to Farm and Fleet I believe.
Since my aldermen appear to be critical I have an open mind. At least the location is close to many existing employers, mainly retail, it seems viable to people employed. Not sure how the size compares to the rejected Davenport proposal.