Thursday, December 14, 2006

What?

For some reason, the link to the story about a possible sewer rate hike has been removed from the QCTimes' links to other stories within each article. It was there this morning, and now its missing. It can still be found if you do some looking though.

Pretty strange. Any comment on this Tory B?

Edit: Ah... I probably overreacted on this one. It may have just gotten bumped off the bottom of the list by new articles. I've seen the Times do some weird stuff with online articles before though, so I was quick to think that. Maybe I'm being infected by all the conspiracy talk around here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conservative Demo here:

Bruemmer says that her cable bill has increased in a decade but her sewer bill has stayed the same.

Well Dee Dee Sweety, we all hafta crap but not a one of us hasta subscribe to cable. And in fact we don't, not to any form of pay-tv. But I have no choice about paying a sewer bill.

I don't complain about paying a sewer bill but I sure as hell don't like one of my employees using a frivilous discretionary as a rationale for raising a "tax" [user fee].

QuadCityImages said...

I think gas would have been a better analogy for how things cost more now than they did 15 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Anyone that went to public finance budget meetings last month would have seen this coming.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't weigh in yesterday.

We were having some problems yesterday with our website settings defaulting to "mobile" settings - that is, rather than the normal website, people with certain web browsers were seeing the same content that is sent to people who get QC Times content on their mobile phones and PDAs.

I couldn't even get to my own story from my desk here in the newsroom!

Anyway, the IT folks here got it cleared up pretty quickly.

Anonymous said...

Bruemmer's comparison was perfectly accurate. The costs of doing any business have increased over the past 15 years. The rates for many goods and services have increased as the costs have increased. The sewer rates haven't and she gave some good examples of things that have been done to keep the rates from increasing. The fact is that those types of cost saving ideas have run out.

To have kept the rate steady for 15 years for anything is amazing. And to Conservative Demo - take some ex-lax. All that aggression bottled up or does it just seem like you have't taken a crap in years?