Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Open Thread

Somebody's not shoveling the whole width of the stairs at the Figge. This picture was taken this past Saturday, over a week after the snowstorm. Not a big deal, I suppose... I'm sure of the Negative Neds around here will jump all over it though.

I was pretty disappointed with the sidewalk shoveling job all around downtown. Walking down to Front Street the day after the storm, there were still many sidewalks that hadn't been touched. A vibrant, walkable downtown will require someone, either the businesses themselves or D1's Gator, to get the sidewalks cleared faster. Just my bit of Tuesday complaining.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it to Alderman Frink's meeting tonight, but everyone who can should attend. He certainly got some positive press from the QCTimes about it today.

I also noticed the windows are going into the Mississippi Hotel, so we can all look forward to that bringing even more downtown residents.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much they asking for apartments in the old Mississippi Hotel? Is it enough to keep the John Lewis crowd out from the nice section of downtown?

cruiser said...

Don't you think this is why the city has problems? We build a multi-million dollar Museum and can't even keep the sidewalks clear. Has anybody heard a timeline on when the Mississippi would be ready to rent? I can't make the meeting either, so I hope plenty of people attend. It's one way of getting our voices heard.

QuadCityImages said...

I think its February on the Mississippi Lofts.

Anonymous said...

Ian's ward meeting should be an interesting one. I have been to a few and all I got out of them is that he is looking for support for a few of his pet projects. I wish him well but he has made a few major mistakes in the past that still piss me off.

cruiser said...

Thanks QCI.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to downtown.

Anonymous said...

Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.