Here's a link to the city page that has both this sketch and the comment form. A link to that page can also currently be found on the front page of the city website.
Its a safe plan, in that I don't think any part of it will horrify the general public, enrage the QCTimes commenters, or otherwise galvanize people against the plan. I also feel that its a good plan that includes many different things that would help our riverfront and downtown. Its just a preliminary plan, so the guys at the Design Center are hoping to get a lot of feedback on what's good and what's bad about it. A few areas I know they want to know about would be a riverfront restaurant and where it could fit, what it would look like, etc, and also more details about what each area of the park would contain. Other things are whether the pier should line up with Main Street as the RiverVision plan shows, or line up with the Skybridge to extend that visually.
Hundreds of people are giving their input towards the plan, and this sketch shows that its being heard. If you don't participate in the process then you have no business complaining earlier, so...
Here are a few ways to let your input be known:
- Go to the 2nd version of tonight's meeting, which is Friday at noon in the Design Center
- Comment here, and the folks involved will hear the ideas one way or another
- Stop in to the Design Center and give your opinions
- Call or email Darrin Nordahl, Matt Flynn, or Steve Ahrens
- Use the automated form on the city website.