Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Sounds of Progress

When you work 3rd shift and sleep during the day, watching an excavator being unloaded across the street from your apartment isn't exactly a happy event.

I'm sure this means they're going to start work on the small surface lot behind the 4th Street Lofts. I hope they're able to leave the railroad tracks that run down the alley, even though they don't go anywhere. They add character to the neighborhood.

8:00AM Update: Now they've deployed some sort of self-propelled jackhammer that looks like a gym locker on wheels. Its a slow smashing, so my glass of water is doing the Jurassic Park thing on my desk. Good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you QCI. Sacrifice today for a better tomorrow. Or tomorrow will be will be no better then yesterday. You will have a great neighborhood to call home, when it's all done.

Anonymous said...

on the building to the west of the macaroni building that the new windows are being installed, someone has spraypainted on the bricks in several spots. Is that banger work? or did the workers spray that on there?

QuadCityImages said...

Up by the roof? I watched some losers from the tattoo parlor that used to be in the first floor do that before the renovations started. I would assume that they'll be removed.