Monday, October 30, 2006

Downtown at Dawn

I noticed that QuadCityImages was looking more like QuadCityText, so I took a walk at 6:15 this morning. Here are a few images I saw along the way. I took a moment to say goodbye to warm weather too, as I expect this will be the last time I can take a 45 minute walk through downtown without coming home a QCI-sicle.

The 110-year-old Government Bridge, looking pretty good for her age.

Another sunrise shot, and what we got instead of the pushpin. A streetsign with a bike wheel on top. Somehow I don't think they'll be talking about that one on the trip home.

A missing fire extinguisher on the Skybridge, and the future home of even more downtown residents: this Mississippi Hotel.

...And finally, the Figge, and the new police station progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sign with the bike wheel on top is part of a trail wayfinding system installed by River Action. It's not meant to take the place of the pushpin proposed by the City of Davenport. River Action is installing the trail wayfinding system signs on both sides of the river to inform out of towners about trail amenities.

QuadCityImages said...

Yeah, I did know that, but do all the signs have bike wheels, or just this one at the trail connection? This was the first one I'd seen.

Anonymous said...

The sign on the bike path by the Lindsay boat club has handle bars above the signs

Anonymous said...

Good think they put that wheel up high on the sign. I could really see some moron trying to steal it.