Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sellout

The handful of you that read this might notice a couple things appearing today in the lower right corner. Ads... evil, evil, ads. Even without "writing for" DDP I still spend a decent amount of time per day reading all these blogs, and I plan to have daily posts on mine. I figure if I can make $1 a week from ads, I might as well. As long as they're compltely unobtrusive. Google knows how to do ads, and you've probably all seen Google ads on millions of sites without even noticing them.

Fly spoke several times about how ads would cause bias. I completely agree. However, using a giant mega company like Google possibly helps to alleviate this. I don't see the Google corporation being discussed in city council meetings very often. If they decide to build an office in Davenport someday, I will admit my bias, and encourage the city to welcome them with open arms. However, I don't think that's all that likely.

Call me a sellout if you will, but they're here to stay.

No comments: