Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Candidate Forums and the Colonel

I have no idea why I haven't put up a link to fellow DDP-alum Colonel Davenport's new blog, with which I am associated in a small way. Its fixed now.

I attended the first 2 and a half hours of the candidate forums held by the police and fire unions at the Radisson last night. I assume it ended as scheduled at 10, but since I left early, I couldn't say if it went long. It seemed long already at 9:30. I decided I was going to pretend to be a true CNN style blogger and take my laptop and actually take notes at the meeting. In addition to possibly annoying Bill Boom with my keytapping, I've decided that I don't get paid enough ($0) to be a real reporter. I took 5 pages of what I would call decent notes, but it took me a couple hours last night at work to assemble my gibberish of typed shorthand notes into something remotely readable. I'll post them in their boring entirety later today for those of you that have a lot of time on your hands. I did manage to write an article for the Colonel's blog about it, but it got so long that I split it into 2 parts.

If I go to tonight's forum, I don't think I'll even take my laptop. Also, 3rd ward candidate Bill Boom pointed out that since my exit from DDP, my email address is nowhere to be found in cyberspace. I'm throwing it over there on the right with the new link to the QC Backstage. For the 4 or 5 of you that might have tried to email me, I'm sorry.

No comments: