Saturday, March 17, 2007

2007 Davenport St. Patrick's Day Parade

Despite the colder temperatures than last year, I would say there was an even bigger crowd.
Here's the crowd on 3rd between Ripley and Harrison right as the parade is ending.
Here are the cops spending a lot of effort to cram all those people onto the sidewalks in order to open up all of 3rd street. I was thinking they left part of the street closed, but now I remember they did this last year also. Why not close off a couple of lanes of 3rd street in that block, or even close that block entirely? It seems easier and safer than trying to smash 4 lanes worth of people onto 2 sidewalks. We close downtown streets for lesser events than this.

7 Comments:

At 3/18/2007 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the foot of the bridge. Davenport is filled with very funky people. Poor, trashy and they don't watch their children, When did we turn into this town?

 
At 3/19/2007 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh shut the hell up and enjoy the parade-I'm sorry if poor people might get in your line of sight.

 
At 3/19/2007 10:31 AM, Anonymous Joe American said...

I take that as a compliment. I work hard and I party hardier!! Thanks for the pictures, you managed to get me in the second picture. God Bless the Irish!!

 
At 3/19/2007 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get over yourself "foot of the bridge"! The poor have as much right to watch the parade as you do! I know rich people who don't watch their kids either! What a jerk!

 
At 3/19/2007 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell that to the 2 year old who ran into the street because the trashy mother was too busy smoking a cig.

 
At 3/20/2007 6:42 PM, Blogger WindingHills said...

Leave Britney Spears outta this.

 
At 3/21/2007 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RICH Britney Spears.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home