Friday, May 18, 2007

Weekend Davenport Events

Swing of the Quad Cities fireworks night
Friday, May 18th 7:00PM
John O'Donnell Stadium

Public Works Fair
Saturday, May 19th, 9:00AM-1:00PM
To be held at Public Works (I assume)

Sunderbruch Park Grand Opening
Saturday, May 19th 1:00PM
4500 Telegraph Road

Swing of the Quad Cities Family Fun Day
Saturday, May 19th 1:00PM
John O'Donnell Stadium

Family Fest 2007
Sunday, May 20th 12:00PM-4:00PM
Fejervary Park and Children's Zoo

Also on Saturday, your blog author becomes an old man, as I hit the big "25". Next stop is 30, and then you're practically dead.
Just kidding about the old man thing, folks... I had to throw in a little jibe towards the 99% of my readers who are older than I.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the St. Ambrose Wine Festival, something that appeals to us 'old folks'.

Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Also the Military appreciation day on Saturday at Bradu Stadium.

I too was unsure of the location of the public works fair.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, have they announced what the old Joevan's is going to be yet?

QuadCityImages said...

Not that I've heard. I'm pretty curious too, because there aren't that many big box stores that we don't have. Also, most of those are right up the street on Elmore, so I can't see a second store so close.

Maybe Office Depot reentering the market?

Anonymous said...

will aaron howard be at the Sunderbruch park grand opening?

QuadCityImages said...

It'll be interesting to see, since its been sort of his baby during the development. My guess would be no, but you never know.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Same day as my wife's.

hoganj300 said...

The Civio War Reanactment in the Village of East Davenport is today and tommorow. This event wouldn't have to be canceled soo much if the village would do more advertising for the event. By the way, happy birthday!