Monday, August 21, 2006

The only way to travel

I know it doesn't work for most people, but 3am is definitely the time to travel around Davenport to run some errands.

Heading all the way out Brady to 53rd, across to Elmore, south to Kimberly, over to Eastern and back downtown, with stops at the bank ATM, HyVee and McDs mixed in there would take well over an hour during the day. At 3am it took about 20 minutes. I think I passed a total of 10 cars on the whole route, and one of those was a squad car.

I did see a couple deer leisurely strolling across Eastern by Annie Wittenmyer. I tried to take a picture of them, but either they were too quick or my camera was too slow.

Its hard to imagine, but driving around Davenport's biggest streets is actually relaxing... at the right time of night.

1 comment:

Ambrose Fulton said...

My daughter would agree with you. Unfortunately, after 2 bambi accidents, she's rethinking this M.O.

I find 8:30am does close to the same thing. Too late for rush hour, too early for non rush hour folks. And more stores are open.

Of course there's always Wal-Mart!