Davenport alderman charged with assault -QCTimes
Update on Wednesday morning: More drama... so I guess I'll leave this up here at least until this afternoon so people can discuss the developments. Today's QCTimes article about it can be found here. Nowhere does he explain why he would violate a protective order if he was going to cleared of the other charge, which he says he's innocent of. I guess now people from the surrounding area have new stuff to make fun of Davenport for at least.
I will post something to at least get this off the top of the blog today though.
I know its going to get talked about, so it might as well have its own thread, as distasteful as the comments will surely be. I'd prefer you folks kept the discussion directed at what will happen with the remainder of Alderman VanFossen's term if he is proven guilty.
Also, remember a few things.
1. This is America, he's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law
2. Keep in mind that the guy has a family
3. People do make mistakes... even several in one year
4. There's no need for name calling, ever
5. If we all agree that he's not a good Alderman, there's no sense trying to convince anyone of that fact. I don't remember the last time I heard anyone on this blog say something good about the 1st ward representative, so lets not beat a dead horse here.
So lets try and keep this remotely civil.