Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black and Blue Saturday? Not in the QC

While the surplus commercial materialism of "Black Friday" can be over the top at times, I've always looked at the sales as an adventure. Since I'm normally awake all night anyway its no big deal to go out at 5:30 in the morning. Sam's has their free breakfast, although they ran out way too early this year, and there are usually some good deals on DVDs and such. Target had a great deal on LED Christmas lights, but they really need to figure out a better way to get people through the checkout lanes there. The good thing is that I didn't see any fighting, yelling, or any of the other stuff you always hear about in relation to yesterday's events. People in line at Target were talking about where they found various items, which lines were fastest, and random chit chat. I wasn't out for any store openings, so maybe that's where all the trouble is. By the time we stopped by Wal Mart they were out of about everything from their ad, and the store was practically empty.

So whether I wasn't out at the right time to see it, or if there just wasn't any, I certainly didn't see any trouble between our fellow Quad Citians during the shopping madness. I haven't read much in the national news about any incidents, so hopefully people have learned to take a more relaxed attitude towards Christmas shopping. Its the only way to have a good time.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks QCI... I slept in, it was great!

Timothy said...

Funny - that's me and my father-in-law in the lower right hand corner lugging a TV to the car.

- Tim D'Avis

Anonymous said...

Idiots out wandering around, IOWA.

Anonymous said...

Moron drivers in ILLINOIS!

Anonymous said...

Image, Did you see the stories about the million dollar United
Way pensions. People should stop giving to United Way and give directly to the charities they support. Think about it. Would you pay Santa Claus so your children get presents.

Anonymous said...

Good thing you didn't make a scene at Younkers like you did last year QCI. The employee's will never forget.

QuadCityImages said...

I certainly didn't make a scene; I just left and won't be going back. Target had some organizational problems as well, but at least their employees were friendly about it. Best Buy continues to be the gold standard of Black Friday planning and logistics.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I stopped giving to United Way years ago when there was a big publicized scandal about their misappropriation of funds. Fool me once....

Anonymous said...

I have found Younkers employees to be rude and snitty too. For example, when they have those crazy small print coupons and you try to use them it seems like they don't work on anything I want to buy. Also, when they have the coupon days and a customer fails to bring the coupons, the employees will not give the customer the coupons they have right there. I have given mine to others in line. If you want a great clothing shopping experience - got to JCPenneys - they are awesome, good quality, good price and good people.

Anonymous said...

I'll second Pennys. I buy the Statford shirts when they are on sale for $20. The shirts are wrinkle and stain resistant. My only problem is that I never buy the same color. I end up washing each one seperate.

Nitrous55

Anonymous said...

I have found all the employees at Younkers to always be friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. To those who come into the store expecting to receive something for nothing, not follow some simple coupon rules, and being to lazy or cheap to purchase a newspaper so that they have the coupons in hand should not expect the store to be their mother. To people who need to be lead by the hand, let them shop at Target. To those who want to follow the rules and receive a good deal, let them shop at Younkers.

Anonymous said...

While at the mall pick up a hardbound copy of Quad City Images Guidebook for Downtown Davenport Hookers. 10% of the profits go to buy more hide behind River Drive planters.

Anonymous said...

It was a good thing that the shoppers at Target were on their best behavior, so as not to force QCI to flash his Per-Mar badge and open up a can of woop-ass on the fruitcake toteing rabble rousers.

Anonymous said...

8:22, how much did you get charged on an ad for your "services"? It is nice that you give frebies to the homeless.

8:39, do you shave your head like Steve Austin, or is it naturally bald?

People like the two of you is the reason we have the local government we have and the thugs running loose.

Nitrous55

QuadCityImages said...

As long as people like that against me I must be doing something right.

Anonymous said...

At least they treat you better than Meyer.


Nitrous55

Anonymous said...

Your something right doesn't include grammer.

QuadCityImages said...

True, I forgot the word "are" but your spelling grammar wrong doesn't help your point either.

Anonymous said...

With all the patootie smooching that Nitrous55 has been doing, it's obvious he's trying to get invited on one of QCI's "all guy" camping weekends.

Anonymous said...

I'll never understand how people can "hate" QCI so much, yet can't help themselves from logging on to his blog.

Anonymous said...

6:44, I think Cruiser, yourself and the other Meyer "supporters" love setting Meyer up to fail.


Nitrous55