Wednesday, July 26, 2006

4 Year Terms and why I didn't vote

I didn't vote today. I feel guilty about this even though it was a choice I made. I don't like being part of the 88% that didn't vote.

The problem is I just couldn't make up my mind which way to vote. I agree with the points of the Yes folks about constant campaigning and lack of stability from the city council. However, I always hate when sneaky processes are used to try and slip things past those pesky voters. I also wouldn't want to get stuck with an ineffective alderman for 4 years. If the question had been put on the regular November ballot and included an easily understood method for removing truly bad aldermen, I would almost certainly have voted for it. Maybe in 2010...

5 comments:

QuadCityImages said...

Oh, don't worry, I'll be voting in November.

Anonymous said...

You don't VOTE you get NO respect.

This whole thing was a joke from the start and you say you just couldn't stop wringing your hands.

BALOGNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm taking a half hour to bother with a single issue. I am sure those Smart supporters realize they and alderman have no traction other than money.

Anonymous said...

85% No in the 1st ward- maybe the voters are sending a message to Van Fossen that he should get off his ass and participate a little. Getting elected as alderman wasn't meant to be a supplement to his police pension without doing anything.

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!!!